Friday, January 29, 2010

Parents!

In other, slightly older news, I had a lovely visit with my parents a couple weeks ago. As they observed, we spent most of our time buying food, waiting for food, preparing food, eating food, or cleaning up after eating food. Getting things done just takes longer in Bilwi. We enjoyed some fabulous company throughout, though. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that no one dared to cat call me when I was in the street with my parents.

We took a break from our rigorous schedule to go to dance class. My parents observed that all of the men were dancing farther away from me than from the other women dancers. If I got close to them, they would back away. I mentioned this to Michael, and he said, "Yeah. I told them not to touch you while your parents were here." Always looking out for us, that Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment